After a scortching hot and smokey summer, Fall finally decided to grace us with her gorgeous blue skies, beautiful leaves and crisp weather. It also puts me in the mood for some of my favorite things: cozy clothing and cozy cocktails.
Our new farm (more on that later) has so many trees with leaves. I find myself outside every morning staring awe as I discover new beauty that I haven’t seen before.
I absolutely love being outside with my horses and chickens and sometimes find myself out well after sunset and with the chill in the air, this cocktail that I came up with the other day was the perfect pairing for the fall weather.
The Vanilla Martini:
Fill a shaker with ice and add:
- 2 generous shots of vodka (I like Crater Lake Vodka by Bendistillery)
- a splash of vanilla extract
- a splash of simple syrup (to taste)
- a splash of sweet vermouth
- a couple of drops of cardamom bitters
Shake and pour into a martini glass and garnish with half of a vanilla bean.